Certificate in User Experience for Libraries. Library Juice Academy. 2019.
- Writing for the Web. September 2019.
- Web Accessibility: Techniques for Design and Testing. July 2019.
- Developing a Website Content Strategy. April 2018.
- Information Architecture: Designing Navigation for Library Websites. March 2018.
- Service Design: Towards a Holistic Assessment of Library Services. September 2017.
- Know Your User: Research Methods Beyond Usability Testing. 2016.
Executive Certificate in Management Development. Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Baltimore, MD. 2019.
- Strategic Team Leadership
- Project Management
- Strategic Negotiation
- Leadership in Action
Executive Certificate in Business Communication. Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Baltimore, MD. 2017.
- Persuasive Communication. September 2017.
- Effective Workplace Presentations. September 2017.
- Powerful Public Speaking. June 2017.
Diversity Advocate Certificate. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. 2012.
Strategic Team Leadership. Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Gained leadership strategies to make team decisions, drive innovation, and maximize performance. January 2017.
Influencing for Impact: A Workshop for Women in Leadership. Johns Hopkins University. Strengthened my ability to influence others by identifying my preferred influencing styles and strategies, and learned how to adopt more productive approaches while maintaining integrity and authenticity. November 2016.
Tri Sigma Character Development Seminar. November 2017, Woodstock, VA. Earned a CHARACTER COUNTS! certification.
Sigma Sigma Sigma National Convention. June 2016. Schaumburg, IL. (Presenter)
Sigma Sigma Sigma Officer Academy. Collegiate Advisory Board Representative. January 2014, Philadelphia, PA.
HIGHER Ground Women’s Leadership Conference. January 2014. Richmond, VA.
Sigma Sigma Sigma Chapter Advisory Board and Volunteer Summit. May 2012, Chicago, IL.
Effective Meetings and Presentations: How to Make an Impression that Makes a Difference. December 2017.
Working with you is Killing Me: Free Yourself from the Emotional Traps at Work. Johns Hopkins University. Learned how to “unhook” from difficult situations and address problems with toxic coworkers. May 2017.
Communicating with Others: Your Style and Its Impact. Johns Hopkins University. Identified personal preference in verbal and non-verbal communication, analyzed strengths, weakness, and impact of communication style, and practiced effective communication strategies. April 2017.
The Communication Challenge: Disarming Difficult People. Johns Hopkins University. Learned how to identify and effectively address difficult behaviors in an effective way. March 2017.
General Librarianship and Teaching
Achievement Now! Johns Hopkins University. Baltimore, MD. February 2018.
Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving. Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Learned to use research, ideation, and prototyping to achieve innovative solutions to problems. October 2016.
Fundamentals of Collection Development and Management. Association for Library Collections and Technical Services. August 2016.
Preparing to Teach Online. Virginia Commonwealth University. An online course to assist faculty members to develop knowledge and skills needed to be an effective online instructor. Fall 2013.
Creating Accessible Video Tutorials. An ACRL e-Learning Online Course. March 2013.
Innovation and Human-Centered Design. Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Baltimore, MD.
- Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving. October 2016.
- Advanced Design Thinking. October 2018.
Irish Literature. Virginia Commonwealth University, Fall 2013.
Johns Hopkins University Odyssey Non-Credit Programs.
- Classic 20th-Century Plays and Playwrights. Spring 2018.
- Great Writers in Small Doses: The Short Story. Fall 2017.
- Lads and Lassies: Two Great Irish Playwrights and One Great Irish American. Spring 2017.