I try to stay active and communicate with other professionals by attending a variety of workshops, meetings, and conferences. Below is a list of different events I have attended.
Information Literacy and Teaching Focused Workshops and Conferences
- PA Forward Information Literacy Summit. July 2017, State College, PA. (Presenter)
ACRL Workshop: Assessing and Communicating Library Contributions to Student Learning and Success through Action Research. March 2017, Baltimore, MD.
- PA Forward Information Literacy Summit. July 2016, State College, PA. (Presenter)
- LOEX Annual Conference, May 2016, Pittsburgh, PA. (Presenter)
- LOEX Pre-Conference Workshop. Creating a Culture of Authentic Assessment: Assessing Student Learning wth Instructional Technologies. May 2016, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Science of Learning and Gateway Science Institute Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the Sciences Symposia. January 2016, Baltimore, MD.
- LOEX Fall Focus, November 2015. Ypsilanti, MI.
- MILEX Spring Meeting, March 2015, Columbia, MD.
- Maryland ACRL Fall Program, November 2014, Columbia, MD.
- Quality Matters Annual Conference. Baltimore, MD, September – October 2014.
- Virginia Commonwealth University Online Learning Summit, May 2014, Richmond, VA.
- The Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU). May 2014. London, Ontario. (Presenter)
- The Innovative Library Classroom (TILC). May 2014, Radford, VA. (Presenter)
- LOEX Annual Conference. “Creative Visualization: The Art of Information Literacy.” May 2014, Grand Rapids, MI. (Presenter)
- Global Educators Conference. Global Education Benchmarking Group. April 2014, Richmond, VA.
- Virginia Commonwealth University Online Learning Summit. May 2013, Richmond, VA.
- The Art and Science of Online Education. October 2012, Richmond, VA.
Archives Focused Workshops and Conferences
- Omeka and More: Web Publishing, Digital Collections and Online Exhibits. May 2015, Fredericksburg, VA.
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Conference. April 2012, Greensboro, NC. (Presenter)
General Librarianship Regional/State/Local Workshops and Conferences
- Distance Library Services Conference. April 2018, San Antonio, TX. (Presenter).
- Southeastern Library Assessment Conference. November 2017, Atlanta, GA. (Presenter)
- Towson Conference for Academic Libraries. July 2017, Towson, MD. (Presenter)
- ACRL 2017, “At the Helm.” March 2017. Baltimore, MD.
- Text Mining with HathiTrust: Empowering Librarians to Support Digital Scholarship. March 2017, Baltimore, MD.
- Library Assessment Conference. October/November 2016, Arlington, VA.
- ACRL Workshop: “Scholarly Communication: From Understanding to Engagement.” April 2016, Towson, MD.
- Maryland Tech Connect Event, December 2015, Ellicott City, MD.
- Virginia Chapter, Special Libraries Association, Fall Program: “Embedded Librarianship.” November, 2012, Richmond, VA.
- Triangle Research Libraries Network Annual Meeting. Chapel Hill, NC, 2011.
- Business Librarianship in North Carolina. Quarterly Workshop. Spring 2011, Wilmington, NC.
- Joyner Paraprofessional Conference. May 2011, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC.
ALA Conferences and Midwinter Meetings
- 2013 Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, and participated in Committee on Legislation and Intern program activity.
- 2013 Midwinter Meeting, Seattle, WA, and participated in Committee on Legislation and Intern program activity.
- 2012 Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA, and participated in Committee on Legislation and Intern program activity.
- 2012 Midwinter Meeting, Dallas, TX, and participated in Committee on Legislation and Intern program activity.
- 2011 Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- 2010 Annual Conference, Washington, DC.