Today at work we had a celebration of Pi Day! We had 9 pies and a plate of brownies! Everything was delicious, and we had plenty of leftovers. It seemed to make our weekly department meeting a little more fun!
For my contribution, I made a Frosty Toffee Chip Pie.
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1.5 packages (12 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- graham cracker crumbs – about 1.5 cups. Depends on how thick you want your crust.
- 1 stick (8 ounces) unsalted butter
Graham Cracker Crust
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Stir together butter, graham cracker crumbs, and some toffee bits.
- Press mixture into pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degreess F for 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream until blended. The mixture will be runny. Don’t worry, it will thicken up.
- Fold in whipped topping and 1 cup toffee bits.
- Spoon into crust; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Optional: Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Toffee could be substituted for a variety of candy – Snickers, Milkyway, Butterfinger, etc.
Recipe modified from Taste of Home.