My work plan is just about done. I have quite a few goals for the next year, mainly focusing on support of undergraduate research through instruction and outreach. My goals, broadly defined are as follows:
- Support undergraduate research.
- Develop comprehensive suite of online learning tools to support student research and information literacy skills.
- Serve as library liaison to VCU’s Honors College.
- Provide support for International Students and Global Education Programming.
- Provide support for the development and implementation of teaching and outreach.
- Provide high quality reference services and in-depth research assistance to VCU students, faculty, and staff via the reference desk, e-mail, research consultations, chat, as well as any other modes of communication for reference that might be implemented at VCUL.
- Engage in scholarship pertaining to instruction, assessment, and/or student learning.
- Continue active memberships in professional organizations pertinent to my position and interests and identify new organizations, if any, in which to become involved.
- Pursue additional training in librarianship and/or technology as necessary to maintain and improve skills, with an emphasis on library instruction and use of instructional technologies.
- Continue service activities to VCU and VCUL.